Monday, May 18, 2009

A little catching up...

I haven't blogged much in the last couple of weeks, so I am trying to do a "catch up" blog today.

At the beginning of the month I attended a baby shower for my friend Jessie. I first met Jessie in kindergarten and we remained good friends throughout high school and I later went on to marry her cousin. She is expecting a baby boy at the beginning of June.
Jessie and her mom Margie.
Jessie's mother-in-law made this cute "diaper cake".
Complete with a sling shot sticking out of the back of the pants.
This gift was given to Jessie by her cousin Nikki. She made the ducky blanket in the background and then completed the gift with a ducky hooded towel, a rubber duck for the bathtub and a book about a yellow duck. Very cute. That same day, I drove from Little Falls to Oshkosh to attend the 1st communion/birthday party of my friend Tracy's children Amara and Bryson.
After church they had a small gathering for friends and family at their house.
Ayden BartzAmy Schmidt and her son. All the kids getting ready for cake.
Mmmmm......
I love the smell of spring. Our neighbors have this great flowering tree in the backyard and I can't stop smelling it as I pass. The other pic is of a flowering shrub we have planted which also smells awesome. When Miley and I go out walking I find myself stopping and smelling everyone's trees. I can't get enough, LOL. I feel like those people in the febreeze commercials..you know the ones that are laying on their stomachs sniffing the carpets.
This past weekend my Grandma was having a rummage sale and let me put some of my toys in. The kids and I drove up Thursday night and stayed until Saturday. Out of 9 or 10 totes, I came back with 2 so I think it went well.
Lexi and Will passing the time playing together.

No comments: