Monday, April 6, 2009

Pre-Easter fun...

On Sunday we had a great time dying Easter Eggs. This is the first year Will has really had a chance to participate in dying Easter Eggs. When I first told him we were going to color eggs he went into his desk and came back with a handful of markers. "I have the markers mama", he said. LOL Hard to see, but Lexi drew on bunny on this Easter egg.
Will's "funny face" egg he made.
On Monday after school, I took the kids to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. Will was ecstatic, couldn't wait to get there. Lexi wondered if the Easter Bunny would be a man in a costume or the real Easter Bunny. I told her I was pretty sure it was the real Easter Bunny.
So we get into the mall and as we are heading down the wing where the Easter Bunny is and Will spots him at the end of the hall. He starts yelling, "Hi Easter Bunny, Hi Easter Bunny, I want a hug Easter Bunny." It was so cute. The Easter Bunny was waving to him and blowing him kisses. As soon as I let him out of the stroller he went running for the rabbit and gave him a big hug. He sat right on his lap and smiled for pictures. It was the quickest and best mall photo experience ever! When Will got done he said, "Easter Bunny, you are my buddy."
Then...as we were checking out, Lexi whispers to me.."mom, I have to tell you something when we get out of here.". So we start heading back down the hall and she says, "mom, that wasn't the real Easter Bunny." I said, "are you sure, how do you know?" She said, "he took off his glove and put it back on his hand quick." I said, "are you sure, because Bunny's have skin underneath their fur." She said, "mom - he was wearing a ring." I then said, "well, it is kind of like Santa Clause, he can't be at 100 places at once so he must have sent one of his friends to dress up like him." She seemed O.K. with that. Oh the joys of seeing our favorite characters.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I LOVE your Easter Bunny story! My boys went screaming in the other direction at first sight of the EB, so I am hoping next year they will be just like WILL : )