Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Pictures...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We tried our best to enjoy the holiday despite the huge obvious void we all felt. I was really sad that our church was having service on Christmas Day instead of Christmas Eve, but a wise friend of mine at work that suffered the loss of a loved one told me that sometimes new traditions take the "sting" out a little and she was right.

We made what I hope is a new tradition and combined mine and Rick's immediate families for a night of snacks, games and cards. The kids and their excitement for the holiday was contagious and they really helped make it a little easier. I love Christmas and know mom would have wanted us to enjoy it so I really tried and held my sadness for when I was alone at night. Visiting your mom on Christmas day in a snow covered cemetery was really hard. I must have said to myself a hundred times, I just can't believe she isn't here..just can't believe she is missing Christmas. Luckily we had great family and friends to share the holiday with.

The kids got spoiled and loved every minute of it. Below are some pics from our two day celebration. I didn't take a whole lot of pics Christmas Day as it was a hard day, but snapped a few in the morning and have several from Christmas Eve.


Lexi and her new apron.
Dad and Miley
Will
My niece Taylor Brother-in-law Jim and Will
We got my sister's dog Lenny a new tie for Christmas.I myself can't eat "rawdog", but I had to take a photo of it since my mother-in-law made it so festive. :)
Lexi and TaylorMy babies...Lexi and Grandpa...Lexi got a new game where you had to wear these bands. Someone had to place a card on the band without you seeing it and then you had to ask questions until you figured out what card was on your head. We had lots of laughs with this game.
Will, my nephew Kal and brother-in-law KyleLexi, Leighten, Will, Taylor, Kal and KyleLeighten and Taylor
Lexi and Grandma Joanne
Will and his new chef set
Playing "31"
Caught this funny pic of dad. My sister-in-law Jackie was giving him a hard time about winning...This picture was taken Christmas Day at Rick's parent's house.
My niece Leighten, Lexi, nephew Kal and Will

No comments: