Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom...

Happy Birthday to my mom who would have been 60 today.  She is celebrating her first birthday in heaven.  I hope that God has planned a big celebration since she isn't able to spend it with us.  Lexi and Mom always celebrated their birthdays together because they are only one day apart.
Mom on the 4th and Lexi on the 5th. 

Last year on her birthday she was in remission, although only for 3 short weeks.  I thought she was going to be O.K. and went on a business trip to Massachusetts. Of course now you can imagine the regrets I have for not spending her last birthday with her, but there was just no way to know what was to happen.  I remember calling her and wishing her a Happy Birthday and she said that she had taken the day off from work and went to a few garage sales...a perfect day in her eyes. 

Mom you are still loved and missed so much.  Your absence is felt everyday and I know now truly what a broken heart feels like.  The tears are ever present, especially on special days like these.  With the arrival of spring it was so hard to watch your beloved flowers come up, the grass turn green and your humming birds come back all without you.  
The kids and I will remember you today by eating all of your favorite foods.  Lexi and I are going to eat a hot ham'n cheese from Hardees and Lexi is also going to have a vanilla cone and popcorn.  Will is going to drink a can of Sun Drop, or as he calls it "A Sun" and also eat the popcorn.  You know I won't have to twist his arm to do that. :) 
Happy Birthday Mom.
All My Love...
Melissa

No comments: