Friday, June 10, 2011

Lexi's First Concert...

For Lexi's birthday this year we gave her tickets to see Taylor Swift live in Milwaukee.  Rick didn't think that Will would really get anything out of it, so just Lexi and I went from our family and joined up with our friends the Fischer family. 
One part we left out when we gave Lexi the tickets on her birthday was that we also rented a limo for the girls to ride in.  When the limo pulled up, the Fischers were already in it.  Lexi started to walk out of the garage and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the limo driver and the limo.  She turned around and looked at me and said, "who is that?"  I said, "just keep walking."  Slowly she realized from the screams inside that it was Maddie and Abbie.  Once we were settled into the limo I asked her what her initial thoughts were and she said, "oh my gosh, I thought Taylor Swift was picking me up." lol
The limo driver told Lexi he only had one rule, she had to give him a hug before she got in and then the girls could jump around as much as they wanted.  He was so nice.  We took pictures in front of the limo before leaving and once the driver realized that Will wasn't coming along, he said, "hop in buddy..we are going around the block" and took him for a quick spin.  The girls loved riding in the limo, although it was in the 90s and the air went out, so all of our "dolling" up to get ready for the show left us with frizzy hair and no make-up, but it didn't stop us from having a great time.
The pictures are backwards..the end to the beginning because I loaded them wrong, but you get the idea.

Lexi and Maddie in their new t-shirts.
Taylor put on a great show.  Very hard not to like this girl, so genuinely nice and such a great performer.  Our seats were very high up, but thanks to the zoom on my camera I got some good pictures.





Tammy and Maddie


Will on his spin around the block.
Lexi taking in the surprise.


Josh, Tammy, Maddie and Abbie
Some before pics..
My birthday girl..
The girls just before passing out on the ride home...

No comments: