Saturday, October 1, 2011

Disney - Day 11 - Time to come home..

The last morning started out fairly normal.  Our flight wasn't until 2:30, but we left our hotel for the airport at 10:00 to have enough time to get some lunch and look through some of the shops.  Around 1:00 - 1:30, I took this picture of the kids before we boarded the plane for Chicago.  Will had started with a belly ache and had a hard time smiling for this photo.
One last pic of the kids on the airplane.  Lexi to my left reading her book..
and my poor Will to my right not feeling well at all.  He had gotten the chills once we got on the plane and was freezing.  He fell asleep before the plane made it in the air.
Things went from bad to worse from there.  By the time we arrived in Chicago, Will had a pretty high fever and was like a limp little noodle, still complaining about a belly ache.  Once we get off the plane, we realized our connecting flight has been moved from 5:30 (only a 1/2 hr away) to 8:07.  Rick took Will to the bathroom and he had a bad upset stomach.  Not knowing he had it, he got some on his pants.  Of course we don't have any access to our luggage or have any extra clothes along.  I walk the airport from one end to the other looking to purchase a pair of pants and some children's Tylenol without luck.  I did not have any because you can't carry liquids on the plane and that is generally what we always use. I will from now on never travel w/out chewables. 

I could not find anyone to help me and was at a loss.  In the meantime, I check the board again and our flight has been put out until after 10 p.m.  I am ready to cry..my poor little boy is a limp noodle, sicker than sick in an airport and there is nothing I can do.  I realized that I had a pair of jogging pants I had bought for someone else and had in my carry on, so I took Lexi in the bathroom to try them on.  Luckily they had a draw string and we made them work.  I then took Will into the bathroom and changed him into Lexi's capris..which just looked like regular jeans on him, just a little big.  He wasn't happy about wearing girls clothes, but at least he had clean clothes on. 
After being at the airport for 1 1/2 hours and thinking we would be there for four more hours, a dream come true happened and they scheduled a 7:00 flight.  We were ecstatic.  I gave the kudos to mom, hoping she was our guardian angel. I can see her up there saying..oh heck no..my baby boy is sick and he needs to get home..and sent us that plane.  Will made it home just in time, as he got worse as the night went on.  I took him in on Tuesday to have him tested for strep throat and sure enough it came back positive.  He still had the stomach issues and had to miss 2 extra days of school.  What an end to our vacation.  I was so thankful though it happened at the end and not the beginning.  As I type this, I have been in bed for 30 hours with the worst flu I have ever experienced.  Guess we picked up a lot of things from traveling. Praying Lexi and Rick stay healthy! 

No comments: